Victim that died after Waikiki shooting identified

HONOLULU (KHON2) — On Sunday afternoon, the homicide suspect concerned within the dying of a 20-year-old man in Waikiki turned himself in to police custody shortly after 2 p.m. on Sunday.

The sufferer was recognized as Marqus I. McNeil, who was later pronounced lifeless on the hospital.

Download the free KHON2 app for iOS or Android to remain knowledgeable on the most recent information

McNeil’s household mentioned he was the form of one that would give the shirt off his again for anybody. But on Saturday, his life was lower quick after being fatally shot in Waikiki.

The incident was not a random act, and police mentioned Kaio and the sufferer knew one another.

Marqus I. McNeil, the sufferer of a deadly capturing in Waikiki that occurred on the evening of March 19.

According to police, the incident occurred after Kaio was in a verbal confrontation with McNeil on the sidewalk close to Kalakaua Avenue and Lewers Street at round 10 p.m. on Saturday.

Kaio then allegedly shot McNeil and fled up Lewers Street in direction of Kuhio Avenue.

McNeil was taken to the hospital by Honolulu EMS the place he was pronounced lifeless.

Tiffany Rowland and her mom Tammy Bryant have been staying at a close-by lodge after they mentioned they heard what seemed like two gunshots.

“We heard the gunshot so we came downstairs, and we saw the ambulance they had it blocked off here and here, and then we saw the ambulance take the guy,” Rowland mentioned. “Then they were coming up and down the block questioning people.”

Bryant mentioned it was a busy Saturday evening when the capturing occurred.

The Waikiki Business Improvement District President and Executive Director Jennifer Nakayama mentioned any form of violence is a purpose for concern, however the time and place of Saturday’s capturing was alarming.

She mentioned police visibility is one solution to cut back the probabilities of crime occurring.

“I think that there is a heightened awareness and an acknowledgment by the city, the mayor, as well as HPD,” Nakayama mentioned. “And, and the businesses of Waikiki that know that this is an important thing as we welcome visitors back.”

Check out what’s happening across the nation on our National News web page

Police mentioned legal prices are nonetheless pending investigation.

Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.