Dublin Fire Brigade have posted spectacular video footage on their Twitter account of an electricity pole on fire in Ballyfermot this evening.
Firefighters from Dolphins Barn attended the blaze, which was recounted, along with the video clip and an additional image, in a post on the official Twitter account of the Dublin Fire Brigade @DubFireBrigade this evening at 10.44pm.
It read: “Dolphins Barn firefighters at an electricity pole on fire tonight in #Ballyfermot. Follow @ESBNetworks for advice on how to stay safe if you encounter cables on the ground. Stay back, stay safe.”
The Electricity Supply Board (ESB) have issued the following general tips for staying safe in the vicinity of the national electricity network:
- NEVER climb into a substation after a ball or other item
- NEVER throw rope or wire over an overhead line
- NEVER climb an electricity pylon or pole
- NEVER attach bunting or flags to electricity poles or equipment
- If you are walking with long objects such as metal poles or fishing rods in an area with overhead power lines, always carry them parallel to the ground
- Be aware of overhead power lines if you are putting up TV aerials or radio masts at caravans or mobile homes
For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea.